Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tennessee Williams



I love this photo by Christopher R. Harris of Tennessee Williams in Jackson Square, New Orleans. I think it speaks for itself.

We recently had a class about the use of Drama Therapy to heal trauma, using "Streetcar Named Desire" as a textual guide. It was really interesting to explore the traumas of each character of the story, and to use performance aspects to express our own idea of trauma. I'm sure I will have more to write about this after this Saturday, when I attend the IDT's (Institute for Drama Therapy) workshop on using metaphor as a cure for trauma.

But for now, I'm going to go do one of my favorite things ever- to chase pigeons in the park!

By the way, all of these photos come courtesy of the Richter Gallery in Nashville, TN: http://www.richtergallery.com/

Go play today,
liz xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment