Monday, October 19, 2009

The Laramie project: 10 years later

Review from the San Fransisco Chronicle


A few nights ago, theaters around the country put on productions of "The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later". I wasn't able to go, but I heard from a friend that it was amazing. This show chronicles how Laramie has changed since the hate crime of Matthew Shepard's death ten years ago, which is when the Laramie Project began. This is a great example of performance as a catalyst for healing for an entire community.


Stop the hate,
liz xo

1 comment:

Meredith Glidden said...

I think this whole project is so amazing. My boyfriend, a very talented performer, has become friends with Leigh Fondikowski , the lead writer and has done some readings for this "10 Years Later" project. It has been wonderful to hear from him his experience of reading these words for an audience. Taavo as well as the others that read these powerful words have such an important job. They share with us stories that we might not otherwise have heard. When I think of healing performance I almost always think of Leigh and her amazing work. Thanks for posting this!

Post a Comment