Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Castle Critters: "Sara Smile"




So I asked my friend Rachel, "How do you think performance is healing?" and she immediately replied, "The crazy guy who does the puppet shows to amazing songs in Washington Square Park."

The name of the puppet show is "Castle Critters" and they perform around the city. The guy in the video is the main puppeteer, and they have their puppets lip sync to popular (and amazing) songs and serenade the people passing by. Rachel said that every time she passes them in the park, it changes her whole day for the better. I think you can tell by the audience reacting that this is an extraordinary moment happening in a usually ordinary setting. I have been searching for him ever since she told me about him, but maybe with the colder weather approaching, the castle critters hibernate? I'm going to keep searching!

Smile,
liz xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright! Where are these castle critters? I want my serenade from the dreamy moose guy. :-)

This reminds me of trips to the library with my dad to see the puppets perform a show. People would come from all over to showcase their beautiful marionettes. I would watch for what seemed like hours while these tiny and sometimes gigantic beings came to life.

I enjoyed watching this.

xo,
Rachel

Post a Comment