Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Happening in the Subway!

So, I asked my friend Stephen, who is a fantastically talented actor and theatre artist, "How is Performance Healing?" and he told me he would get back to me on that one. A couple days later, he told me about "Happening"s. Defined here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happening.



WELL, on the way home from the Kandinsky exhibit, Rachel and I witnessed a swing band playing in the Union Square subway station, and people swing dancing to the band! I guess this would qualify as a happening.




I love watching people perform in the parks and subways around the city. It only attests even more to the fact that people need performance, and they crave it in their everyday life. I love this video because of the reactions of the people watching and how joyful the moment was.


Dance like nobody's watchin!
liz xo

1 comment:

meredith Glidden said...

Right there! That is so much of it! The coming together of a busy, huge city! That is healing! The music this group was offering, the dancers, the witnesses! 5 minutes of joy!

Post a Comment